Leadership Development & Personality Profiling - circleindigo
In 2015 circleindigo were trained in and are qualified to deliver and use a personality profiling tool called Lumina Spark, developed and marketed by Lumina Learning (www.luminalearning.com). Lumina Spark is the next generation of professional development tools supporting individuals, teams and organisations to work more effectively and improve communication and we have been using it in our Leadership Development programmes.
Lumina Spark is unique amongst psychometric tools because it avoids any labelling and provides a highly interactive colourful framework for increased self-awareness and helps people identify how to adapt/improve behaviours to improve personal and professional relationships with others.
More specifically when used in our Leadership and Team Development workshops, it enhances leadership teamwork, ultimately it is providing individuals and teams with more data to make better, more informed choices individually and as a team.
Lumina Spark uses traits and not types and thus does not label people or ‘put them in a box’. It also doesn’t force choice of preferences, it measures the level to which individuals have opposite, competing and contradictory aspects of their personality e.g. their level of introversion and extraversion and it measures three unique but integrated views of people – the underlying, the everyday and the overextended.
Part of this process involves each individual completing an online questionnaire/survey to generate their Lumina Spark Portrait. We then use their portraits during the Leadership or Team Development workshop with clients.
We have worked with Lumina Spark on several occasions with different clients in different sectors, most recently in UK Government office, in a short series of Senior Leadership team sessions. This is how we worked with the client.
circleindigo enabled the client to better understand each individual in the team better and work together more cohesively as a departmental and senior leadership team.
The organisational need was stated as:
• Get to know each other better as individuals and as a leadership team
• Reflect on individual styles and approaches
• Improve the way the individuals and the team interact and work together
• Create a department action plan for moving forwards
This is what circleindigo did:
• Consulted with the department Directors and senior leadership team stakeholders to gain a good understanding of client needs
• Designed and delivered Lumina Spark based workshops; two for the senior leadership team and one for the wider departmental team, covering 30 people
• Provided individual Lumina Spark personality portraits for each individual
• Enabled an intra-team joint approach to working together more cohesively moving forwards
• Supported individual and team learning based around personal Lumina Spark personality portraits
• Helped the departmental team identify and plan practical and relevant action(s) for moving forwards
The outcomes we achieved were:
• Deeper and improved understanding of individuals styles and approaches across the wider departmental team
• A joint and common approach to building improved departmental ways of working
• Provided individual Lumina Spark personality profiles for each team member
• Enabled a departmental team-wide personality portrait
• Increased ability to build intra-team relationships
• Defined a practical and relevant action plan for moving forwards
The sessions were designed to use the full spectrum of the Lumina Learning support tools including; a deck of cards with every day, underlying and over-extended descriptors, an eight foot in diameter round mat with the Lumina Spark model on which allows for bodily-kinaesthetic (moving about and standing on!) movement (don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!).
We have found that our Leadership and Team Development workshops are enhanced by using the individual Lumina Spark profiles and support a much deeper level of dialogue with team members. This enables greater understanding of individuals and how they approach work and work relationships.
For more on our Leadership and Team Development Workshops visit us at https://www.circleindigo.com/what-we-do/facilitating-meetings-workshops/ and if you want to know more about how we use Lumina Spark or would like to hold a team or leadership development workshop then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.